Dealing with utilities for a construction project can be a time-consuming and costly process. It is equally vital to a project that utilities connections are resolved prior to handover. Often this is a task which lands on the client to perform. UDC are able to take this burden away by:-
- Advising on utilities requirements at an early stage in the project, ensuring cost is allowed for them, and inputting to ensure designs reduce expenditure on utilities so far as is practicable.
- Preparing applications for connections and / or alterations ensuring all necessary information is included.
- Chasing providers to ensure that work happens in a timely manner.
- Coordinating work by others to ensure final connections are a smooth transition and all certification is in place.
- Advising on sustainable alternatives and undertaking associated impact assessments.