UDC is a disability confident employer
05 Dec 2019
UDC is proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. This accreditation is given to organisations that pledge to actively seek out and hire skilled disabled people, and to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures, within their businesses, supply chain and local communities.
To achieve the criteria for Disability Confident, we were required to undertake a self-assessment against a set of statements. Through these statements, it demonstrates a commitment to employing the right people and to develop them. We are committed to:
- Engaging with local communities to create positive relationships with local disability organisations to access skilled individuals, for example running local recruitment fairs specifically targeting those with a disability.
- Making a commitment to employing and retaining disabled people and ensuring this is reflected in our job adverts, at all levels.
- Developing links with Jobcentre Plus.
- Working with organisations that have more direct access to disabled people, e.g. placing adverts/articles with organisations such as Diversity Jobs who have targeted websites.
- Raising awareness across the team to ensure that we have an inclusive culture so that when we successfully recruit disabled people, we also retain them.
Through the accreditation we aspire to further widen our potential talent pool, and help disabled people to excel within our team.